The Horizon lawnmower blade style head requires 18-20 horsepower per row.
The Rota Disc requires a mere 2.5-3 horsepower more than the NorthStar per row for a total of 8.5-9 horsepower per row, which is about half as much horsepower than a lawnmower blade style head.
The NorthStar requires approximately 6 horsepower per row.
Geringhoff recommends the NorthStar at 22 degrees and the Rota Disc at 25 degrees. The angle is measured off the deck plates.
- NorthStar row unit gear box - 2 Liters of 80-90 non synthetic oil
- Rota Disc row unit gear box - 1.5 Liters of 80-90 non synthetic
- Miter and crown gear box - 1.5 Liters of non synthetic
It is recommended that you grease the zerks every 12 hours of operation.
Yes. Geringhoff corn heads can be adapted to all makes and models of combines.
We currently do not have a form online for returns. Please either fax RMA requests to (320) 252-4637 or email RMA requests to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax on company letterhead and make sure return fax number is listed.
- State what you are returning and why.
- A copy of Invoice is needed for all returns.
- 3 pm for UPS and Spee-Dee orders
- Next Day Air orders always go to the top of the order stack
- Noon for truck orders
Geringhoff does not accept phone or email orders. We require a paper trail on all orders.
Fax orders will be accepted until November 1, 2015. After that, you'll need to place your parts orders online.
To order online, go to geringhoffdealer.com and use your dealer login to get started.
- 2011 & prior heads have an adapter kit and bottom plate configuration.
- 2012 heads are the picture frame adapter kit.
- 2013-present heads have the adapter kit and bottom plate configuration along with design changes from the 2011 and prior.
Geringhoffdealer.com is only compatible with Internet Explorer and you have lost compatibility, or you are using Chrome and do not have the proper extension in place.
- Go to geringhoff.com
- Login to the Dealer Center
- Click on Trouble shooting.
- If using Internet Explorer, use PDF Error 3617
- If using Chrome, use PDF for downloading IE extension
Due to a superior gearbox design, the Horizon lawnmower blade style chopping head requires slightly less horsepower than the competitors per row.
An extensive Geringhoff dealer network is required to stock common parts and we maintain a massive parts support inventory at distribution warehouses across North America. Combine that with easy online ordering, and it's easy to keep your Geringhoff in top condition.